Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Collector

This is my latest beAd Infinitum Design Team Project
"The Collector"

I haven't stopped playing with the Infinity Dodecahedron,
 it lends itself to so many variations!
As you can see, I used a variety of beads for the second layer this time.  The base is made with 6's and 8's and the Infinity weave beads are 4mm drops, 5mm magatamas and vintage matte curled leaves (some refer to them as fingernail beads).
This necklace also includes two Time Machine beaded beads.
These are made with 8mm Black Onyx rounds, 6mm Aqua Fire Polish, 4mm Capri blue AB Fire Polish,
Capri blue Miyuki drops, 8/0s, 11/0s and 15/o beads.



While I worked on this project it occurred to me that I could apply the principles from
the Time Machine bead technique, to the shapes in the Ionic Polyhedra pattern.
I chose to work with one of my new favorite shapes, the cuboctohedron.  I added looped sections and lace overlay to each four sided face and a lace overlay with drops at each three sided face. 
This produces a softly curved six pointed star. 
The picture below is a view from the top down, so unfortunately you cannot see the true shape.
I see many more of these in my future...oh there I go again referencing time!
TTFN!!