Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Still Trying to catch up!

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I found this tidbit.  While cleaning up the docs on the new desktop PC, the one that all the old info was unceremoniously dumped into and left.  I found the Christmas slash New Years letter that I wrote, ahem, a year ago.  It never went any further than my PC.  Well, it was a technology laden Christmas after all.  I was dizzy with the computing options before me and half afraid to turn them on for fear of being forever lost in the wonder of the Internet and app wonderland.  Never mind that shortly thereafter I determined we must have Wifi in our house!  Ah! Freedom!  Recently we've added a wireless printer to the mix and life is even more pleasant, no more running stairs to print thus and such! 

So for your reading enjoyment here is what I wrote:




Twas the day after Christmas, when all through the house

Paper and boxes were strewn through the house;

The family was lounging on couches and chairs,

Thankful the Fat Man showed up with such flair.

The children were surrounded by new gizmo's and toys

And in every room all you could hear was their noise.



Mama in her snuggie and dad in his jammies

Had just settled in for TV programmies

The weather outside was blowing and cold,

And the clouds blocked the sun just like Christmas’ of old.

No one moved, we all lounged and we snacked

On the goodies left from yesterday’s feast.

 

When suddenly on the front porch what did we hear

But Unkin Brian who had driven back here.

We yelled “Come on in!” and got up from our stupor

Grandma and Grandpa Wagner thought “Isn’t this super!”

Then later that evening according to agenda

Yvonne arrived in her Honda from far off Indiana.



The TV was tuned to the big football game

The men were all drawn to watch as moths to the flame.

The kids went to work and the little boy griped

"I just puked my hands and face need to be wiped!"

The women were bored and wondered just how long

The men would be mesmerized by the athletes’ song.



As a sick pitiful child makes a petulant plea

The male parent leaps to resolve it immediately.

So out to the pickup went Grandma and he,

Started up the great beast and rolled out as the child laughed, "Tee hee".

They went out for some orange juice and who knows what else

They’ll come back when they’ve cleaned off the grocery shelf.



So now here I am sitting at this PC today

Shall I figure out my new iPad, laptop or just play?

Instead I am writing all this droll doggerel

So I can post it with pictures on my blog, can’t you tell?

Enough is enough, I have beading to do!

So Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year too!

No comments:

Post a Comment